01 Request a Quote
The first step is to determine the scope of your WordPress web design project. To get the ball rolling, I’ve put together a little questionnaire to help me compile a website development quote for you. If you choose to accept the quote, we can schedule an appointment to discuss your specific requirements and preferences, and arrange the payment of a deposit.
02 Information Architecture
We will conduct a discovery meeting to define the site framework and hierarchy. We will explore a variety of pre-made premium WordPress themes to determine the best match for your content and functionality. Choose from a selection of our favorite responsive WordPress themes or visit ThemeForest. Remember, this WordPress theme will be used as a foundation, and customized for your brand, so it will not look like other websites, or the theme demo.
03 Style Definitions
We create look-and-feel designs, and flexible layouts that adapt to the capabilities of many devices and screen sizes. These designs are created iteratively using “Style Tiles”, to define the overall look and feel, working within your brand standards/color palette. We do this to avoid wasting time mocking up every template as a static visual. Then, we create a “Child Theme” including a responsive layout, to adapt the look and feel of the selected pre-made WordPress theme to your branding.
04 WordPress Configuration
– Install and set up your basic WordPress installation
– Secure your WordPress installation against spam, hacking, and hardware failure
– Configure WordPress options and theme
– Connect WordPress to services like Analytics and Webmaster Tools
– Optimize, improve and test the performance of your WordPress installation
The website’s design and functionality will be tested for cross-browser and device compatibility at several key points in the website build.
Blueprint New Media will provide each WordPress web design client with a complete customized User’s Guide and website manual which will include:
- Necessary passwords and access to hosting provider and WordPress admin panel
- A backup CD-ROM of the entire website
- Original graphics and video on CD-ROM
- Audio files (if applicable)
- PDF Documents (if applicable)